CMC Aerospace initiatives are focused on:
- Production and assembly of aerostructures under customers' specifications and design;
- Production of assembly tools and equipments;
- Design, production, assistence and maintenance of equipments and systems for aeronautics, space and defence fields.
CMC LABS initiatives are focused on:
- Energy harvesting/scavenging technologies;
- Wireless Sensors Network and Actuator Networks (WSANs);
- Very low power integrated microsystems;
- Microchips and sensors’ design (also MEMS).
Few numbers about CMC:
- 90.000hrs/yr structures assembly capability (tail booms, winglets, cabins, wings, fuselage sections).
- 12.000hrs/yr mechanical & metal sheet parts production for vertically integrated sub-assy or spare parts.
- 18.000hrs/yr engineering support (design, technical management, production flow optimization, and others).
CMC Production mainly involves middle and final assembly of aerostructures, hydraulic systems, cabling, electrical/electronics installations, avionics (in-house or remote peak load outsourcing); metal sheet parts design & production; production of vertically integrated parts, sub-assy and assy (metal & composite); primer and final painting service; design and development of assembly frames & tools; design and development Special Project; construction machined parts; support for daily assembly needs: quick production of tools and assembly frames’ parts and upgrades; aeronautical maintenance/revision and configuration upgrades (Certified ENAC/AgustaWestland Part-145 Base Maintenance). Some of the projects in which CMC has been involved are: helicopters A109, A119, EH101, AW139, AW169, AW189, AB212, AB412, A129, NH500, SH3D, HH3F and US101; engines SPEY 807 and RB 199; airplanes ATR-42, ATR-72, G-222 and MRCA.
CMC also provides a wide range of services: quality inspectors (assurance on production lines & offices), document editing, certifications issue; CAD/CAM services (CATIA, Vericut, SolidWorks and other tools); design and development of special projects machines; assembly/Lead-Time optimization; quality improvement; paper/digital assembly instructions.