Manta Group main activities:
- Design and 3D modelling, primarily facilitated by Catia V5 software. Development and definition of product concepts, solid and surface 3D modelling, drawing and floor plan. Structural Analysis: verification and structural definition activities supported by specialized softwares. Definition and verification of parts’ structural architecture, stress analysis, static and dynamic calculations. Our technicians are qualified and recognized by Leonardo-Finmeccanica.
- Industrializion of the product with the objective to comply with all technical requirements required by clients and maintain the highest quality standards. Creation of work cycles and BOMs (bills of materials), production process optimization, MTM (methods time measurement).
- Lamination. The lamination of composite material takes place in two clean rooms of 520 square meters, qualified by Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Boeing. The Clean Rooms are equipped with Axist laser projectors, and have manual and automatic cutting areas equipped with a kit cutting bench from Zund.
- Composites Curing. MANTA Group’s facility is equipped with an area with two autoclaves (2,2 x 4,5 m e 2,7 x 8,5 m), used for parts requiring polimerization with controlled temperature and pressure. Both autoclaves use an Eurotherm electronic registration system, that ensures the segregation of the working cycle in an encrypted digital archive.
- Honeycomb Core Milling. MANTA Group performs the cutting and milling of the honeycomb core, an important structural element of “sandwich” panels. The dedicated area is equipped with N.3 semi-automatic milling machines.
Cnc & Manual Trimming
Trimming and contouring activities of laminated parts that are necessary to complete the shape of the finished product. MANTA Group is able to perform the shaping and punctures of simple and complex surfaces and to work parts made of composite materials, plastic and wood in two dedicated areas:
- No.1 automated trimming area with CNC machine Belotti 5-axis dimensions of 6500 x 2500 x 1300 cm;
- No.1 manual trimming area that is 150 sq.m.
MANTA Group is qualified by Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Boeing to perform non-destructive ultrasonic testing. Depending on the parts’ size and complexity, MANTA uses different machines, from the Airone 4 axis machine with an ultrasound system Flaus 3, to the Omniscan two axis machine.
Manual & Automated Painting
MANTA Group has extensive years of experience within the aeronautical, automotive and industrial sector to paint and protect any type of surface and component. To carry out these activities MANTA Group uses:
- Two spray booths with a maximum operating temperature of 65 ° C, qualified by Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Boeing, sized 8.5 x 4.4 x 5.2 mt and 15.0 x 4.0 x 4, 0 mt;
- A complex automated painting system, qualified by FPT Industrial, that consists of two anthropomorphic robots and a drying oven. This system is used to apply a protective corrosion treatment on engines for industrial vehicles.
Dimensional Control & Tooling
The dimensional control of the parts is achieved through the use of a MMC arm. The tool allows to inspect parts and complex curvatures with maximum accuracy and precision. It is also capable of issuing dimensional reports. MANTA Group also designs and produces bonding tools and assembly gigs.
MANTA Group has a 3.500 mq area dedicated to the assembly of structural and non-structural components for both fixed and rotor wing programs. MANTA Group is the only supplier in the world to assemble rudder, elevators and ailerons of the Boeing 767 and KC-46 Tanker. All the operators are certified and qualified. More than 70% of the assembly team has at least ten years experience in the industry.
Construction & Maintenance Of Industrial Plants
- Highly qualified staff to perform preventive and predictive maintenance, rationalization of work stations and construction of industrial components;
- Clients’ support in the maintenance of industrial machines and systems, ensuring immediate response times and minimizing production stops;
- Design, construction and installation of systems and equipment, such as air extraction and dust abatement, conveyors, vibrating mills with ceramic coating, metal structures, benches and various tools, special packaging.
- Various welding systems, such as TIG, MIG and arc welding, that allow us to weld steel and aluminum alloys for the utilization of a wide range of industrial products such as: trusses and scaffolding, fluids piping, devices and equipments, bonding/assembly tools, special wear-resistant processes.